Cap Wolstenholme, 384 m high, is an imposing headland marking the western limit of Hudson Strait. The western side of the headland is a perpendicular rampart, which in summer provides a nesting place for swarms of thick-billed murres. It was sighted and named by Henry Hudson in 1610. He named it in honour of a financial backer for his expedition.