Association chorale Saint-Louis-de-France

Association chorale Saint-Louis-de-France. Male-voice choir founded in 1891 to serve in the church of that name in Montreal. It was incorporated in 1897. Its conductors were Charles Labelle 1891-1902, Alexandre M. Clerk 1903-27, Joseph Saucier 1927-36, and Charles Goulet 1936-68.

Female voices were added for performances with orchestra at the Monument national of such works as Massenet's Marie-Magdeleine in 1907 and Ève in 1908, Pierné's La Croisade des enfants and Dubois's Les Sept Paroles du Christ in 1909, scenes from Grieg's Olaf Trygvason with the New York Symphony Society under Walter Damrosch in 1910, Saint-Saëns' Samson et Dalila in 1911, Dubois' Le Paradis perdu in 1913 and 1919, Berlioz' La Damnation de Faust in 1914, 1915, and 1918, Alexandre Georges' Les Chants de guerre in 1917, Charles Lefebvre's Judith in 1920, Félicien David's Le Désert in 1923, and Massenet's Terre promise in 1924. After 1924 the choir's activities were limited mainly to participation in church services.