W.D. Lawrence, 2548 ton square-rigged sailing ship built in 1874 in Maitland, NS. It was designed and built by William Dawson Lawrence, who earned substantial profits from the ship until 1883, when he sold it to a Norwegian. Renamed the Kommander Sven Foyn
, the windjammer continued in profitable service until 1897, when it was stranded in the English Channel. It finished as a barge in W Africa.
The 2459 t "W.D. Lawrence", launched at Maitland, NS, in 1874, was the largest wooden full-rigger built in Canada (courtesy Public Archives of Nova Scotia/N-585).