In 1878, at Loudon's recommendations, the School of Technology (renamed the School of Practical Science) was affiliated with the university. Loudon also encouraged the federation of the principal colleges of the university, and his construction program included the Chemistry Building (1895), Convocation Hall (1907) and the Physics Building (1907). Loudon continuously promoted research and established a PhD program in 1897 although, not surprisingly, he had little time for research himself. Loudon also organized the Alumni Assn and used it to persuade the government to finance its university adequately.
Author YVES GINGRAS
Shawnadithit grew anxious waiting for her uncle, Longnon, to return to camp at the junction of Badger Brook and the Exploits River, deep in the wilds of Newfoundland...