Andrew Randall Cobb, architect (b at Brooklyn, NY 13 June 1876; d at Halifax 2 June 1943). After studying at Acadia, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the École des beaux-arts, Paris, Cobb travelled in Italy, returning to Halifax in 1909 and establishing his practice there in 1912. He was responsible for many of Halifax's important residential, commercial and institutional buildings, including the Dingle Memorial Tower with S.P. Dumaresq (1912); the Bank of Nova Scotia Headquarters Building with John M. LYLE
(1931); and the Science Building (1913), MacDonald Library (1913), Law School, now the Faculty Club (1921), and Public Archives (1929), all at Dalhousie. In 1940 he was elected a fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
GRANT WANZEL AND KAREN KALLWEIT